Let’s face it, both you and I know that the faster your metabolism, the less likely you will gain weight. So what can you do to improve your fat burning furnace to lose weight?
First let us understand exactly what metabolism is. Basically it is the speed at which your body processes food. So the faster you process food the better metabolism you have and the concern about weight gain disappears.
So here are seven simple things you can do to boost your slow metabolism.
1) Get Moving – You need to move your body every day for at least twenty minutes. Just by going for a 20 minute brisk walk you involve all the major muscle groups in your body. The body needs energy to perform these walks and this comes from the food you eat. This is just a starting point.
If you sit at desk all this may be a bit challenging especially in this day and age of modern conveniences. You need to find the time.
If you are or have been athletic in the past you may want to look into some form of high intensity training.
2) Eat smaller meals throughout the day. Many weight loss experts suggest that you eat 5-6 smaller meals. The idea is that every time you eat you boost your metabolism.
3) Eat a complete protein with every meal. Unlike carbohydrates and fats, protein takes more energy to digest and this causes an increase in calorie burn. Eggs are a great example of a complete protein.
4) Build muscle. Listen you do not have to be big like a body builder. Have you ever seen one of these guys or girls if they are not competing? You need some form of resistance training. Gardening does not cut it. Doing something like squats and lunges is start. But please if you have any health issues get cleared by your family doctor. The last thing you want is to be hospitalized.
5) Eat breakfast. Apparently you must eat your first meal in the morning within the first half hour of rising. Remember point 2. If you wait to long to have your first meal in the morning your body will go into a “starvation” mode. In other words when you finally have that first meal your body will want to hang on to it for fear it will not be fed again.
6) Cut down or eliminate drinks that contain sugar. Many fruit juices contain a lot of sugar. Over time this sugar turns into fat. Drinks such as green tea, white tea and even black tea are great have.
Drink more water. It is the ultimate purifier. Good for the body, soul and mind.
7) Get support. Any time you want lose weight and boost your metabolism surround yourself with positive people who will help you with your goals. There are many forums and support groups online for you to join.
Well there you have 7 simple tips to help you boost your metabolism