Studies have shown that people who exercise regularly, watch what they eat and control their food portion are less likely to gain weight or suffer from diabetes, stroke, or high blood pressure than those who do not. That is why it is important to always include healthy nutritional food like vegetables and fruits to your meal.
1. Vegetables and fruits provide fiber and keep your digestive system happy. For your breakfast always include fruits such as apple, grapes, strawberry, banana or cranberry to your cereals.
2. Naturally low in calories, vegetables and fruits help with managing weight. Make greens such as spinach, lettuce, broccoli, green beans part of your everyday meal.
3. Eating plenty of vegetables and fruits may also reduce the risk of high blood pressure, diabetes and some cancers. So, it is always good to reduce a certain amount of meet and cheese on a sandwich and replace it with vegetables or salad.
4. Rich in vitamins & minerals, vegetables and fruits help you feel healthy and energized. Decrease portions of starch foods such as pasta, waffle and pancakes or make your main dish a salad of dark, leafy greens and other colorful vegetables.
5. Vegetables and fruits are naturally lower in sodium than many other foods. Try crunchy vegetables instead of chips with your favorite dip or low-fat salad dressing.
6. Fruits can easily be grabbed as a snack. When hungry, instead of rushing to the first fast-food you see, look at places around you where you can get an apple, grapes or a banana.