A lot of us resort to vending machines for our mid afternoon snacks. Whether we are at work, at school, or at home, reaching for a bag of potato chips seems a lot easier than making something healthy. However, preparing a healthy snack is not that difficult. In this article I will provide several delicious treats which have less than 175 calories.
- Half of a whole grain bagel with fat-free cream cheese.
- An almond inside a date. A lot of people report a satisfying sweetness by stuffing an almond inside of a date.
- Carrot sticks with either fat free sour cream or fat free dressing.
- A Whole wheat pretzel.
- A banana (at only 100 calories it’s a great treat).
- A sweet potato. When baked and cooled it tastes just like a delicious fruit.
- Low fat string cheese (2 oz). It contains protein without any of the fat. Protein helps us feel full for hours and it enhances our metabolic performance.
- Animal crackers. They only have 12 calories each!
These are just a few of the snacks which have less than 175 calories. There are countless other possibilities available at your local grocery store, even packets which are individually wrapped at 100 calories each. However, choosing a snack which is rich in either protein or fiber (or both) is your best bet. These two compounds help us feel full longer and they enhance our metabolic performance. So if you want to lose weight or simply eat healthier, remember to choose your snacks wisely. For those of us who struggle with constant cravings, it might be wise to look into some of the best diet pills, such as the all natural appetite suppressing hoodia gordonii pill.