This. Is. Ridiculous.
No one, and I repeat, NO ONE is fat because they eat too much fruit.
Let’s clear things up. Yes, fruit contains sugar. But fruit also contains fiber and water and fills you up for just a few calories.
Check out this calorie chart of our favorite fruits:
* 1 cup of cherries = 75 calories
* 1 medium apple = 75 calories
* 1 medium banana = 100 calories
* 1 cup blueberries = 80 calories
* 1 date = 25 calories
* 1 grapefruit = 80-100 calories
* 1 orange = 60 calories
* 1 peach = 40 calories
* 1 cup pineapple = 65 calories
* 1 cup strawberries = 45 calories
* 1 cup watermelon = 50 calories
So seriously, let’s just say you ate that entire list…you’re still only at about 750 calories.
Compare that to these common foods – the ones that really make us fat.
* Grande Iced Caffe Mocha = 200 calories
* Grande Caramel Frappuccino = 430 calories
* Starbucks Low Fat Blueberry Muffin = 430 calories (only 1g fiber!!!)
* Plain Bagel = 300 calories (2g fiber – whoop-de-doo!)
You see my point? And we’re worrying about “fruit making us fat”?
Whooooaaa, don’t eat that 75 calorie apple, you might get fat! (Note: Sarcasm)
Heck, there are days this summer when I’ve had:
* 1/2 a watermelon
* 2 apples
* 1/2 cup blueberries
* 1/2 cup strawberries
* 2 peaches
* 5 dates
* 2 bananas
* 1 pear
And you can see from my Facebook photos that fruit isn’t making me fat.
So the myth that fruit makes you fat is a joke. The truth is that fruit is healthy for you and fills you up and helps you LOSE fat.
This is not true. However, “delicious” is a subjective term, right?
So what I might think is awesome (natural peanut butter sandwiches on flax bread with blueberries), might be your idea of boredom.
You do not have to give up your favorite foods completely when you are on a fat loss program.
Now I’m not going to lie and say you can eat whatever you want, and however much you want, every meal and every day.
You just need to harness the power of portion control and improve the overall quality of your diet, and you’ll still be able to get a lean and sexy body this summer with your favorite foods.